Monday, April 24, 2006

So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Okay, so it has been a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since I've gotten around to posting anything...I am SUCH a procrastinator, as anyone who's ever met me (even briefly) would tell you!
A LOT has happened since then...here then, is a Coles Notes update. Let's see:
1) in November hubby and I bought a condo (refurb of existing apartment, not new but completely redone)
2) in December we had a lovely (for the most part) Christmas and holiday season
3) in January we almost lost some really close friends over a really stoopid misunderstanding on New Year's Eve (it's all good now!)
4) in February we took possession of the afore-mentioned condo (with some bumps but luckily, nothing major was wrong!) and started accumulating the new stuff to furnish it
5) in March we moved into said partially-furnished condo for good (or at least until we've amassed enough equity to make buying something bigger/better possible), I was a little disappointed that Brokeback Mountain didn't win more Oscars (namely the acting ones) but overall I was pretty happy with the way it went, and
6) so far this month, I've planned a "girls weekend" with my sis, sister-in-law and some friends, managed to maintain some semblance of cleanliness and order around the apartment (which truly is noteworthy, as anyone who knows hubby and I even remotely would again inform you!) and have booked almost all of my vacation for the year at work, giving me something to LIVE for! ;o)







Here's the pretty cottage the gals and I will be enjoying in a couple of weeks...can't wait!


So, that's my life for the past 6 months, in a nutshell (no, THIS is my life in a nutshell *mimes being inside a nutshell*...I know, I'm a geek)...I'm gonna try to post more regularly from now on because this was meant to be a kind of diary and a diary with no entries is a bit pointless not to mention BORING! Also, a couple of very sweet people actually have links to this thing on their blogs so I now feel some sort of responsibility to them...thanks guys and I'll try to be fascinating...or as close as I can manage! :oD
I'll post pics of the condo next...

3 Comments:

Blogger Polt said...

I LOVE a girls night out...even though I'm a guy. We fags are close enough to qualify.

The miming thing..yeah, kinda scary, but funny too!

Succinct update. It takes me longer than that to say hello, much less detail my last six months! Well done!

Glad to see you're back. And just so you know, I've had you linked to my blog since, oh, like October or so. I checked back periodically. NOW, I can check back every day! Yippee! :)

Monday, April 24, 2006 7:33:00 PM  
Blogger m_o_o_nspells said...

I forgot two things...November: got another tattoo! Hubby and I got the same one, mirror-image, on opposite shoulders...pic to come once I get him to snap one!
January: moved to the head office of the company that bought us out in July 2005. Stressful, exciting, sad ('cause I left my comfort zone ie. friends and sis who are still at the old office - future uncertain), happy (;cause I still have a job, which I will need in order to get the mortgage for the new condo!) and scary (new boss, new co-workers, new cubicle!). It's all good now...I've settled in relatively well and boss and co-workers are all super nice. Cubicle is the same as they all are so that's fine and the drive is no longer than it was before. Overall, a good thing... :o)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still haven't seen Brokeback Mountain, but I was really pleased Capote won for best picture and best actor. Exemplary work; I was reflecting this morning that they really gave us something that will be of value for genetions as an interpretation of a particular moment in history and the cultural phenomenon it became.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home