Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's our special day!



Or it's one of them, anyway! Like most couples, hubby and I have many anniversaries...first meeting (though we have some controversy on THAT subject - see below!), first kiss, first...well, you get the idea! ;o)

Anyway, today is the fourteenth anniversary of the day we officially started going out. And I have my little sis to thank for that...

Hubby and sis (and her not-boyfriend-boy-friend) and I went to a movie that Sunday evening. I had just broken up with the guy I had been dating for almost three years on the Friday so I could pursue my feelings for hubby, so this was all very new to all of us (my family included as they really liked the ex). But apparently, he had made a decent impression on my sister because, over Mr. Sub sandwiches after the movie, she decided to take it upon herself to ask him what his intentions towards me were! LOL Not in so many words but basically she said "So, have you two made it official yet?", which prompted hubby to MAKE it official later that night, giving us this day to celebrate (among our other milestones)! The next day, he gave us another special day by asking me to move in with him (or did I give us that day by saying "yes"?), although we had only really known each other since the beginning of April (though he swears we met twice before, I remember only one other time so I maintain that's all there was!). And the rest, as they say, is history. Lots of it great, some of it not so, and still other bits that I would choose to re-do entirely, given the chance...but only if I could be sure we would end up where we are today, because that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Happy anniversay of the day we started going out, Dear! :ox

3 Comments:

Blogger Polt said...

You outta do the HNT thingee as well! It'd give you something to write about at least ONE day a week. Keep you honest, so to speak.

Comics convention IN Toronto???? WIth Perez there??? OHMIGOD!!!! I LOVE George Perez! I got into him when he was drawing the Avengers in the 70's, and then continued with him to the Titans int he 80's! his mastery of detail is unparalleled! I think he's one of the top three artists in the biz! And hubby's gonna meet him, eh? Lucky bastard! If he gets an autograph, you gotta post it here. Probably the closest I'll ever get to Perez.

I have GOT to move to Toronto...

God I am SO envious of you people!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger m_o_o_nspells said...

Actually, we both already met him...went to a cnovention in Chicago a few years back. He was very sweet! We were among the last people in a line up that took almost eight hours to get through and George was a total trooper...never left, only paused for a drink or snack or whatnot. He did a sketch for each of us and so we got to sit and chat with him for about half an hour-forty minutes...made the looooooooooooong-ass line well worth it! I'll go look for the sketches ('cause I KNOW hubby's got 'em scanned somewhere) and post 'em separately!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My my my... the things you learn when you're out writing about the national anthem. :) You'd think I'd have heard this stuff by now!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home