Friday, June 02, 2006

Stuff...

I had fully intended to tell a big story tonight...one that I keep alluding to but have yet to have the guts to come out and tell. After I read this post, I realized that I've been doing the same thing and have lost sight of why I originally started blogging, which was to prompt self-reflection. All because I have been reluctant to show the crappy, selfish, horrible, boring sides of myself for fear of seeing the dreaded big 0 next to the comments. Anyway, I had decided to take the plunge and will still do so but not tonight...

Hubby's grandfather is not expected to last the night and we are likely to be picking up and heading East for a few days for his funeral...not how we had pictured our next trip to see his family (and certainly not how I had pictured spending our 12th wedding anniversary, which is Sunday, though we hadn't made any specific plans either). Unfortunately, this is how it goes...we don't have the money to make the trip until something horrible happens and then we find the cash somehow...it's sad, really.
Actually, we've had several unfortunate events recently...girl kitty (see pic) is sick...cars have both been sick...hubby's been under the weather...this just adds to the list of bad stuff...bleah (to quote Dzer, hope you can't really trademark somethin' like that but if ya can, sowwy!).

So, I'll be MIA for a bit...I'll be back when I can and will eventually tell the aforementioned tale, when it's more appropriate. Also want to do something like this when I have more time to ponder what to say...

Sorry for the shameless plugs...but in addition to playing with what I can do here, I just thought I'd share some of the places I lurk and the people I like to spy on. ;o)


Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
(Ace Rimmer - Red Dwarf)

3 Comments:

Blogger Polt said...

Sorry about your bad news situation, Moons. Gotta put a damper on the anniversary celebration. Bummer.

I appeciate the plug. :) And you're not much of a lurker, cause you DO actually comment. Lurkers usually dont.

Just post what you want to post, sweetie. Bloggin is your hobby, you do it for yourself, not for us. Do what yourself happy. I'll read it no matter how sad, pathetic, and boring it is. :P

And I've never watched Red Dwarf, but as a gay man, a character names Ace Rimmer makes me WANT to watch it.

Or at least meet someone named that. *hehehe, snicker, snort*

HUGS

Saturday, June 03, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Polt said...

Moons, you okay? It's been a couple weeks, I'm just chekcing, to make sure you didn't fall off the face of the earth.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:41:00 AM  
Blogger m_o_o_nspells said...

Hey Poltie,
Thanks for the concern...I am back (got back last Tuesday, actually) and have just been caught up in getting caught up!
I'll try to post later to get ya up to date!
*Hugs*

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home