Monday, May 01, 2006

My G.P. experience...part deux!



As promised, here is the first WW sketch that George did for hubby from the Chicago convention in Aug. 2001.

















But even better, here is the one that hubby got for a $60 Cdn donation to "Actor" (G.P.'s pet cause)...look how great this is! Much more detailed...and she's SO pretty! ;o)
As he was last time, George was a real gentleman...joked and chatted with the fans and graciously, even happily, snapped pics with anyone who had a camera (not us, this time). He seems like a really nice guy in addition to being hugely talented which makes me admire him even more!











This is Cerebus by Dave Sims...a Canadian (born in Hamilton, ON and now lives in my hometown) independant comic artist who is, I'm told, pretty well-known. I just know he was very funny and down-to-earth as he finished his neglected "homework" (this sketch!) from the night before in front of us. He works pretty well under pressure!














Finally, (for this post anyway!) this is what hubby got for Christmas from me this year...among other things. It's two pages of original art from Crossgen Chronicles #3...ain't it grand?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Polt said...

Day-um, girl! Hubby's buying you all this original artwork and stuff! If you two ever break up, let me know, I'll marry him. I can do that in Canada now!

And yeah, I've heard that about Perez as well, very friendly, very fan oriented. Not stuck up or snobby at all.

Monday, May 01, 2006 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger m_o_o_nspells said...

Actually, hubby is GETTING all this original art...I'm buying it for HIM (or letting him buy it, as the case may be)! I am starting to develop an appreciation for comic art, but make no mistake, these are HIS! Even the ones G.P. did "for me" were actually for hubby...I was just along so we could get two sketches instead of one!
And I'm not lettin' him go anytime soon...but I do rent him out for reasonable rates...email me! ;o)

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger Polt said...

"rent him out for reasonable rates"

BWAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!

Moons, you slay me!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home