Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My weekend...and happy birthday to me!

I took an extended weekend, starting with Friday off so that I could spend a day with my oldest nephew. He chose to go to the Science Centre again (same as the last time we did a "Mitchie-Day" two years ago). We had a good time and he behaved very well...the only glitch in the day came when my sister called to say that his dad, her husband, had fallen out of a tree and was being taken by ambulance to the hospital! It was a few hours before we knew that he was okay except for a broken bone in his heel, which means he will be in a cast and on crutches pretty much until October (poor guy!).
Saturday was...you guessed it! Poker, where S and I shared first and second in a side game, earning us $100 (after the $80 it cost us to play both games).
Sunday was my birfday barbeque. I figured that it would be off considering it was being held at my sister's place but bro-in-law decided he was up to it so we went on with the show! My brother did the bbq'ing and there was much fun and food and kids running around and mayhem! It was nice to actually have a celebration for my birthday as that was not something the ex and I really did much of...hell, we only ever really bought each other Christmas presents twice in our whole time together...pathetic, right?
Speaking of prezzies, guess what I got for my birfday? :oD
Yes, that's right, I have finally joined this millenium and am the proud owner of an iPod Nano! Fun little gadgets they are...how come no one told me about them before?! ;o)
I went ahead and converted all my MP3's so they could be played on the iPod and then I proceeded to get down with my bad self while doing the dishes and getting ready for bed last night! Fun!
Less fun was Saturday night, after a winning day of poker and a fabulous crab leg buffet at the Mandarin, coming home to a flood in my apartment. :oO
Seems the stupid lady next door has the shut off valve for the water in her apartment and it further seems that she cannot follow simple instructions, such as, say, "DON'T turn the water back on!". So, S ended up shop-vaccing my closet yesterday (and setting up my mouse and keyboard!) while I took boy kitty to the vet for his 6 week check up. I am happy to report that the closet floor finally seems to be drying out, slowly but surely, and that kitty is up to 10 lbs., the vet says he seems to be doing well and she does not need to see him for another 3 months...woohoo!
So, today is my actual b-day...and S is coming back down to take me out for a nice dinner before turning around and heading right back home! He is very sweet to me... :ox
Hope you are all doing well and I should be around for HNT this week...might even have a pic of me in my birthday suit, ya never know! ;o)
*hugs*

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy late B-Day chica! LOL. I gave away my ipod and got an ibulldog instead - I hate hate HATE Apple and itunes SO bad!!! They nearly killed my computer, ugh. Sorry about your soggy pad though, sounds crapalicious!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:38:00 PM  
Blogger Polt said...

YAY! happy birfday, moons! How it was great fun all around!

HUGS..

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated B-Day!!!!

Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home