Monday, July 09, 2007

Alrighty then, for some reason I can't seem to add a title to this post...weird and yet not unwelcome, since I was having trouble coming up with a clever one anyway! So, here's how I spent (my summer) an extended weekend, after a two-day workweek!
First, I journeyed to the far-away land of Kingston, ON for a sales launch (read "excuse for sales reps to get drunk and party like monkeys!)...known for it's university (Queen's, where we bunked in the dorm rooms, which was kinda neat!) and for the 1000 Islands. I was up at 6 a.m. and out the door by 7:10 since it's almost a three hour drive and check-in was at 10 a.m. Blah, blah, marketing programs, blah...until we boarded the boat for a dinner and cocktails sunset cruise (after a gruelling 45 minute HIKE, which was supposed to be 15-20 minutes and for which I was WAY overdressed; I won't bore you with details but suffice to say that I was hot, sweaty and unimpressed when we arrived!)!

Whereupon there were bevvies! About which, I was terribly happy...oh, and did I mention they were free too? :oD
MANY drinks were consumed by many sales reps and many passes were made at many other drunk sales reps...I am old and went back to the dorms after the cruise ended at 10:30ish (in a CAB, thank you very much!) so I cannot report on the success or failure of these amorous advances but I'm guessing that lots of people are hoping that "what happens in Kingston, STAYS in Kingston" applies!
After a looooooooooooooooooong drive back and a nap at S's place to make sure I didn't fall asleep at the wheel (due to the way-too-little sleep I got while listening to inebriated morons running up and down the halls, yelling and banging on doors from about 1 a.m. until about 4 a.m.!), we got back to my place only to find that the kitties were VERY unhappy about being alone overnight. Like peeing-all-over-my-freakin'-bed unhappy. So, there we were at 11 p.m., washing and drying all the bedding before we could hit the sack. And this after a minor "incident" with the car which involved a stuck gearshift, a call to Roadside Assistance (not much in the way of actual assistance, but I digress) and some frantic shuffling through the owner's manual and then a cancellation of the tow truck that had been dispatched to "assist"! A long day, indeed!

Saturday was my grandmother's 90th birthday celebration (happy b-day Gram!!)...good times, noodle salad! Family and food...not too shabby. Afterwards, we hung out at my parents' place for a bit then headed back to my sister's house for barbeque and more hanging with friends and kidlets until late.

Sunday, we finally saw Live Free or Die Hard. And I actually enjoyed it quite a bit...the kid from the Mac commercials did a really good job and any flick that has a cameo by ol' Dumptruck himself (aka Kevin Smith) is alright by me! The action was overwrought in places but overall, it was not bad and that's fairly high praise for this kind of flick, and coming from me!
And we were unable to catch any of the Canada Day celebrations as S's camera was missing, presumed lost or stolen until late on Monday of the long weekend...when it showed up, hidden under my seat in the car! So, my derriere will have to wait for another occasion to make a grand (and I DO mean GRAND!) reappearance! ;o)
Well, that's it for now (phew!)...off to do dishes...bleah!
*hugs*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh but that adventure sounds like a blast! I doubt that I'd have made it to 10:30 even though... Happy BDay gramma!!! You're not the only one having title issues, WeekendsOff is having the same nonsense, Blogger has lost its rather small mind :P

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Polt said...

Hmm, sounds like fun. I think i would have returned some of those drunken passes made...although they probably wouldn't have been made to me anyway....

HUGS...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger m_o_o_nspells said...

Nor were they made at me, my purple friend! ;o)
But YOU would have loved it! Lots of cute, drunken sales boys to take advantage of...
So when, oh when, are you draggin' yer butt up here?! :oD

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 1:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home