Monday, December 18, 2006

A Brand New World

Tomorrow, I go to sign the papers with the lawyer that legally take my name off the deed to the condo. So, needless to say, I have spent half the day today crying my eyes out.
Even after everything that's happened, I can't really believe that this is my life now. It's not that it's that bad...it's just SO far from where I thought I'd be even as recently as three months ago. The last little while, everything has happened so fast...I've been so wrapped up in all the details that the actual processing has taken a bit of a back seat. Now, I look around and I just don't know how it all happened (which is obviously not literally true but the sequence of events certainly has felt head-swimmingly overwhelming, especially today.)...
I am missing my old life quite a bit right now...and my old dreams along with it. I gave him my keys back tonight; it's very hard knowing I will likely never see the place again. That condo was supposed to represent hubby's and my "new beginning"...my second chance to do it right. Giving the keys back is an admission that that is never going to be a reality now.
Last Christmas, I bought a whole bunch of decorations and lights, in anticipation of THIS Christmas; our first at our new home. We never really did the decorating thing before because we never felt the need to do so at a place that wasn't ours. Anyway, those decorations sit, as they have since I bought them and as they will probably remain for the conceivable future, in storage at my parents' house, unopened.
Well, what a happy little post from a happy little girl! Bleah...and now, for something completely different!


(It isn't, really, though...it's a pic of the plant we got as a housewarming gift from the condo corporation when the mortgage finally went through. Beautiful, wasn't it?)

Hope your day was better...

5 Comments:

Blogger Polt said...

Awww, sweetie, I wish I was there to give you a big hug!

Having never been through this, I can't say I know what you're feeling, and there's little more I can say other than tired cliches.

But please know that there are those of us you know well, and those of us you barely know at all, that are praying and pulling for you!

HUGS...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, it was hard to imagine a few months ago. It's rough, but you'll always be proud how you rose to the occasion.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger MG said...

sorry to hear...
I have exprerienced a lot of change this year as well, and understand (without knowing the situation) how it feels to step back and say...
"I can't really believe that this is my life now"

well wishes...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger MG said...

oops... sry... let's try this again ;)

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Not 100% sure what happened but I'm sorry to read how sad you are. Hopefully things will get better soon. Hey a new year is upon us!!!

Friday, December 22, 2006 1:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home