Friday, December 29, 2006

Should Auld Aquaintance Be Forgot?

I wanted to go ahead and wish everyone a very happy 2007...and for a BUNCH of us (a surprising number, to me anyway), I wish for a much better year than this one. Actually, what the hell, I wish that for everyone...even for those who had a great 2006, who wouldn't love an even better 2007?
Anyway, I will be busy until after the big day now...I decided to go a completely different way with my plans this year. Typically, being the home-body/moonchild that I am, my evening would be low-key and with a few friends and family. So instead, I decided to go to Niagara Falls to celebrate with a million strangers at an outdoor concert featuring Foreigner...how's that for "opposite end of the spectrum"?! I'm really looking forward to it...hopefully, the weather gods will be kind...
I think I'm going to try a new approach for this coming year. I'm going to look at this whole thing as an opportunity to break out of my comfort zone; I'm going to rise to the challenge and expand my horizons. Worst case scenario, at least I get some much-needed distraction from "As My World Turns" in my head...best case, I learn something new about myself.
So, while I can't promise there will be no more bad days or pissing and moaning on here, I will certainly endeavour to balance them out with more interesting adventures...you can hold me to that!
For now, I leave you with wishes for a safe and happy New Year's...I'll see you back here in 2007, hopefully with some pics of the festivities in Niagara (if I can borrow a camera, that is)!
*Hugs and dirty stuff* ;o)

5 Comments:

Blogger Polt said...

Wow! have fun at the falls! Maybe this year, in October, when some friends from down south come up to visit, you'll still be in your "adventurous" mode, and come into the city to meet them and have dinner? :)

HAPPY New Year!

Saturday, December 30, 2006 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger m_o_o_nspells said...

Absolutely Poltie, I wouldn't miss it this time for the world. But like I said, come for Pride in the summer instead and help me REALLY be adventurous! ;o) Either way, maybe we can hit some clubs...I NEVER do that either..
Have a wonderful New Year's and the same to Freddy and Ag!
*hugs*

Saturday, December 30, 2006 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger JeannieGrrl said...

I had my new year celebration early :) & I blogged it through a massive hangover this AM lol... I hope you find more peace in the coming year no matter what you do.

Saturday, December 30, 2006 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Hope you had a great new year.I've spent most of my day fixing my blog. For some reason my blog sort of stopped working. But technically it stopped working in 2006 so 2007 should be much better =0)

Monday, January 01, 2007 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger Fermus said...

And a happy new year to you!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 12:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home